Miyuru completed his Master of Laws and Master of Intellectual Property Law from the University of Melbourne. Prior to joining the firm, Miyuru worked as an immigration lawyer at a law firm in Melbourne for 3.5 years. Miyuru has particular interest and experience in corporate and employer sponsored migration, family and partner migration. He also hopes to focus on appeals at the AAT, judicial review at the court level, humanitarian and citizenship matters.
Miyuru is an Attorney-at-Law admitted to the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka and speaks Sinhalese.
In his spare time, Miyuru plays cricket and loves cooking authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Master of Laws and Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Colombo
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Leo Cusson Centre for Law
- Supreme Court of Victoria, Admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- High Court of Australia, Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Australian practising certificate
- Attorney-at-Law, Supreme Court of Sri Lanka