The Permanent Skilled Regional visa (subclass 191) is for people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area Australia on a previous, eligible visa (such as the subclass 491 or subclass 494 visas).
What is the subclass 191 visa?
With this visa you can:
- Stay permanently and work and study in Australia
- Include members of the same family unit on the application
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanently residence
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
Conditions are imposed on the visa to ensure the visa holder lives, works or studies only in a regional area, and if sponsored, works in the nominated position. The visa is not yet available and will be open for applications from 16 November 2022.
How do I apply for the subclass 191 visa?
In order to meet the requirements for a subclass 191 visa you must:
- Hold an eligible visa, specifically a subclass 491 or 494 visa, for a minimum of 3 years at the time you apply
- Meet conditions 8578 and 8579 whilst holding the subclass 491 or subclass 494 visa
- Be in Australia when you apply
- Have lived in a designated regional area for at least three years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold (currently $53,900) for at least 3 years whilst holding a subclass 491 or 494 visa
- Both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the subclass 491 or 494 visa you hold or have held
*Please note that this visa does not commence until 16 November 2022