Please note that the information provided for skilled visas may be subject to change due to the Federal Budget announcements.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is points based visa, which allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
What is the 190 visa?
Features of this visa include:
- It is a permanent residency visa
- It is a skilled visa
- Visa applicants must be invited to apply for this visa
- There are age limitations that apply to this visa
The main requirements of this visa are:
- The visa applicant’s occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- The visa applicant must have a relevant skills assessment
- The visa applicant must be aged under 45 when they are invited to apply for the visa
- The visa applicant must be able to score 65 points or more
- The visa applicants must have at least competent English at the time they are invited to apply for the visa (IELTS – at least band 6 for each of the four components; PTE – at least 50 for each of the four components)
- The visa applicant must meet the health requirement
- The visa applicant must meet the character requirement
What is the processing time for a 190 visa?
First you must be invited to apply for the Skilled Nomination visa (subclass 190). Processing time for a subclass 190 visa application then ranges between 5 to 6 months. Information on current processing times can be found on the Department of Home Affair’s website.