Fast Track Migration Solicitor
Full-time – Located in Dandenong and North Melbourne
Background of WLW Migration Lawyers
WLW Migration Lawyers specialises in Australian migration law. Our team of experienced lawyers are committed to providing high quality, ethical and cost effective migration advice and assistance to our clients. We pride ourselves on maintaining a detailed understanding of Australia’s complex migration system and the rapid legal changes. For more information about our firm visit our website, www.wlwlawyers.com.au.
WLW Migration Lawyers’ Values
- Ethical – We are committed to promoting ethics and integrity in our legal practice.
- People centred – We are dedicated to ensuring our clients understand the legal process and receive a personal service.
- Innovative – We embrace and drive change in Australian migration law and in our practice.
- Respectful – We respect and value those we work with.
The Fast Track Migration Solicitor will provide legal advice and assistance to clients in the area of migration, with a specific focus on people seeking asylum who have arrived by boat (“fast track clients”) and people seeking assistance with family migration. The Fast Track Migration Solicitor will also provide advice in relation to other visas from time to time.
- Provide timely and accurate migration advice to clients and meet deadlines as needed
- Assess the eligibility of clients for temporary or permanent residency
- Deal in an effective, respectful and ethical manner at all times with clients
- Prepare, review and lodge visa applications, appeals and requests to the Minister
- Prepare legal submissions and undertake research
- Liaise with the Department of Immigration, Immigration Assessment Authority, Administrative Appeals Tribunal and other bodies as needed
- Enter and maintain client information in the database
- Ensure all professional and other obligations such as continuing professional development are maintained
- Other duties from time to time
Qualifications and experience
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Legal practicing certificate
- Registered as a migration agent
- Experience in a similar role (1 to 2 years)
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Second language including Tamil, Arabic, Farsi, Vietnamese, Hazaragi, Urdu
- Experience working with people seeking asylum
Please email your CV with covering letter through to email@example.com by 5.00 pm Sunday 25 September 2016.